New York @ New England
Present Data: New York 2-13; New England 6-9
What to Know
The New England Patriots are 9-0 towards the New York Jets since November of 2016, they usually’ll have an opportunity to increase that success Sunday. New England and New York will face off in an AFC East battle at 1 p.m. ET at Gillette Stadium. The Jets ought to nonetheless be using excessive after a win, whereas the Patriots will probably be seeking to get again within the win column.
Final Monday, New England obtained perhaps a little bit too into the vacation spirit, gifting the Buffalo Payments a straightforward 38-9 victory. New England was down 31-9 on the finish of the third quarter, which was simply an excessive amount of to recuperate from. Their solely offensive landing got here on a rush from QB Cam Newton.
In the meantime, New York was anticipated to lose towards the Cleveland Browns final week, however as a substitute they acquired a pleasant stocking stuffer. The Jets bagged a 23-16 win. Amongst these main the cost for them was WR Jamison Crowder, who threw one landing along with catching seven passes for one TD and 92 yards.
New York’s protection was the actual showstopper, because it obtained previous Cleveland’s offensive line to sack QB Baker Mayfield 4 occasions for a complete lack of 31 yards. It was a gaggle effort with 4 guys contributing.
The Patriots are actually 6-9 whereas New York sits at 2-13. Neither squad could make the playoffs, so that they’re taking part in for draft order now.
This subsequent contest is anticipated to be shut, with New England going off at only a 3-point favourite. However bettors beware: they’re solely 2-5 towards the unfold when favored.
A pair offensive stats to maintain at the back of your head whereas watching: New England is stumbling into the sport with the fewest passing touchdowns within the league, having accrued solely eight on the season. The Jets have skilled some struggles of their very own as they’re worst within the NFL in dashing touchdowns, with solely eight on the season. It is attainable one among these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the shedding crew up.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- The place: Gillette Stadium — Foxborough, Massachusetts
- TV: CBS
- On-line streaming: fuboTV (Strive free of charge. Regional restrictions could apply.)
- Comply with: CBS Sports activities App
- Ticket Value: $150.00
The Patriots are a 3-point favourite towards the Jets, in line with the most recent NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had an excellent really feel for the road for this one, as the sport opened with the Patriots as a 3.5-point favourite.
Collection Historical past
New England have received ten out of their final 11 video games towards New York.
- Nov 09, 2020 – New England 30 vs. New York 27
- Oct 21, 2019 – New England 33 vs. New York 0
- Sep 22, 2019 – New England 30 vs. New York 14
- Dec 30, 2018 – New England 38 vs. New York 3
- Nov 25, 2018 – New England 27 vs. New York 13
- Dec 31, 2017 – New England 26 vs. New York 6
- Oct 15, 2017 – New England 24 vs. New York 17
- Dec 24, 2016 – New England 41 vs. New York 3
- Nov 27, 2016 – New England 22 vs. New York 17
- Dec 27, 2015 – New York 26 vs. New England 20
- Oct 25, 2015 – New England 30 vs. New York 23
Prime Projected Fantasy Gamers
- Jamison Crowder: 8.21 factors
- Ty Johnson: 8.2 factors
- Breshad Perriman: 6.81 factors