School Soccer Information Preview 2021: Previewing, predicting, and looking forward to the Arkansas season with what you might want to know.
– What You Want To Know: Offense | Protection
– High Gamers | Keys To The Season
– What Will Occur, Win Complete Prediction
– Arkansas Razorbacks Schedule Evaluation
– Arkansas Razorbacks Previews
2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015
Arkansas Razorbacks School Soccer Preview 2021: Offense
– The offense was a wee bit higher than the variations of the earlier seasons, however it positive appeared much more fascinating . The brand new Arkansas teaching workers had Feleipe Franks at quarterback, the passing recreation was extra environment friendly, and averaging 392 yards and 26 factors per recreation wasn’t dangerous.
Now the offensive line needs to be higher in cross safety, a 3rd down conversion could be good, and controlling the clock only a wee bit extra – despite the fact that that’s not the fashion below offensive coordinator Kendal Briles – has to occur sooner or later.
– It begins with that O line. Head coach Sam Pittman is an offensive line coach by commerce, and his group is skilled, if not improbable. All 5 starters are anticipated to be again – guard Brady Latham is one of the best of the bunch – and now the manufacturing needs to be there. The operating backs should do their half, too.
Trelon Smith was strong – dashing for 710 yards and 5 touchdowns with a 5.3 yard common – however he must be a part of a rotation. He’s solely 5-9 and 190 kilos, and the depth could be very younger and comparatively untested. 6-1, 240-pound Dominique Johnson brings some thump, and Raheim Sanders – often called Rocket – will assist the trigger.
– The season is all about QB KJ Jefferson. The gifted 6-3, 240-pound passer has the arm and the upside to develop right into a star, and now it’s his offense to run. There isn’t a veteran Plan B – not less than not but – if Jefferson isn’t terrific. Happily, the receivers are there to make all the pieces go.
It stinks that second-leading receiver Mike Woods took off for Oklahoma, however the Hogs bought their very own Sooner with OU switch Jaquayin Crawford showing to be a keeper.
There’s a handsome tight finish in Hudson Henry, and Trey Knox and De’Vion Warren could possibly be sturdy if they will keep wholesome, however there’s no query who the No. 1 fundamental man is.
Treylon Burks goes to be among the many SEC’s greatest receivers with 6-3, 225-pound measurement, good deep play potential, and the toughness to be a matchup nightmare.
NEXT: Arkansas Razorbacks School Soccer Preview 2021: Protection
4. Arkansas Razorbacks School Soccer Preview 2021: Protection
– Barry Odom is a whale of a defensive coordinator. The previous Missouri head coach stepped in as Sam Pittman’s DC and had a complete ton of transforming to do. There must be a stronger cross rush, and extra third down stops are a should, however with ten starters anticipated to be again from a D that allowed 452 yards and 35 factors – no, the stats weren’t nice, however the protection actually was stronger – the manufacturing ought to take one other step ahead beginning with …
– The linebacking corps. The Hogs have a improbable pair in Grant Morgan and Bumper Pool to work round – they mixed for 212 tackles – and there’s lots to do with the alignment because of a deep group of choices to make use of in quite a lot of methods, however …
– The 4-2-5 alignment will doubtless be the principle fashion to take care of all of the high-powered passing video games on the slate. Jalen Catalon is an excellent younger security who leads a good-tackling group of defensive backs that must make extra massive performs. Final yr the underclassmen have been thrown to the wolves, and now they’re going to be a plus if the cross rush helps.
There’s measurement on the defensive inside, however dropping Jonathan Marshall – the one starter who’s not again – hurts. The mix of Dorian Gerald and Zach Williams should prepared the ground together with 298-pound Eric Gregory, who led the crew with simply 2.5 sacks.
NEXT: Arkansas Razorbacks School Soccer Preview 2021: High Gamers
Arkansas Razorbacks School Soccer Preview 2021: High Gamers
Finest Arkansas Razorbacks Offensive Participant
WR Treylon Burks, Jr.
The 6-3, 225-pounder earned All-SEC honors after catching a team-high 51 passes for 820 yards and 7 scores, averaging over 16 yards per seize. Nice from the beginning – he led the crew in receiving yards as a freshman – now he has much more stress on his shoulders to be a real No. 1 man with sturdy No. 2 goal Mike Woods gone and a brand new beginning quarterback.
2. TE Hudson Henry, Soph.
3. OG Brady Latham, Soph.
4. QB KJ Jefferson, Soph.
5. RB Trelon Smith, Sr.
2021 Arkansas Soccer Schedule: Evaluation, Finest and Worst Case Eventualities
Finest Arkansas Razorbacks Defensive Participant
LB Grant Morgan, Sr.
Large, powerful, and skilled, the 5-11, 230-pounder is a star within the classroom and a pacesetter on the sphere, arising with a team-high 111 tackles in simply 9 video games with two sacks and seven.5 tackles for loss.
He’s the person within the center, however he’s sturdy in cross protection with a number of damaged u passes and a key decide six in opposition to Ole Miss.
2. S Jalen Catalon, Soph.
3. LB Bumper Pool, Sr.
4. S Joe Foucha, Sr.
5. S Greg Brooks, Jr.
High Incoming Arkansas Razorbacks Switch
WR Jaquayln Crawford, Jr.
He doesn’t precisely match the invoice of a present new man from the switch portal – Arkansas is bringing in a slew of latest guys to not less than add to the depth – however the 5-10, 175-pound former Oklahoma Sooner will probably be counted on straight away.
Very fast and probably harmful within the open discipline, he has to step up and take over for Mike Woods – who left for Oklahoma. He doesn’t have Woods’ measurement, however he’s bought the wheels.
NEXT: Arkansas Razorbacks School Soccer Preview 2021: Keys To The Season
Arkansas Razorbacks School Soccer Preview 2021: Keys To The Season
Arkansas Razorbacks Largest Key: Offense
The offense has GOT to transform on third downs. Arkansas is perhaps near the underside of the SEC once more in time of possession, however so long as it’s higher than 34% on third downs, the O needs to be a complete lot higher.
It’s one factor to have a fact-paced offense that likes to maintain defenses on their heels, and it’s one other to not be capable of transfer the chains and are available by way of on key drives.
The Hogs had their moments, and the offense was steadily capable of put up factors, however they have been brutal on third downs, bottoming out with an 0-for-10 day within the 27-24 loss to LSU.
However that is nothing new. The final three Hog groups have failed to complete the yr greater than 34% on third downs and haven’t hit 40% in 4 of the final 5 seasons.
A part of the issue was the shortcoming to do sufficient in cross safety. And on the opposite aspect …
Arkansas Razorbacks Largest Key: Protection
Generate extra stress and performs behind the road. The protection has lively linebackers who know the best way to give you tackles for loss, however the crew solely averaged 5 tackles for loss per recreation. Sacks have been an even bigger downside with simply 14 on the yr and simply three during the last 4 video games.
The offensive aspect couldn’t convert on third downs, and the defensive aspect couldn’t generate sacks to generate key stops.
It’s been a protracted, very long time since Arkansas got here up with a killer cross rush, however just a bit extra pressures would take the warmth off of all the pieces else the D does – and would do wonders for the disastrous time of possession problem.
Arkansas Razorbacks Key Participant To A Profitable Season
QB KJ Jefferson, Soph.
The components across the quarterback should be stronger – a prime operating again could be good, the O line needs to be higher in cross safety, and extra targets should emerge to assist Treylon Burks – however even when that each one works, the Hogs want the principle man below heart to be nice.
Feleipe Franks suffered from being in the identical convention as Mac Jones, Kyle Trask and Kellen Mond, however he had a pleasant season. He was the SEC veteran who bought the brand new period of Arkansas soccer rolling, however Jefferson needs to be the star who grows into the gig over the following few years.
He’s bought the scale, the arm, and the mobility, however he needs to be extra correct and he has to take command of the assault straight away and make it his.
Arkansas Razorbacks Key Recreation To The 2021 Season
Texas A&M (in Arlington), Sept. 25
Arkansas has a brutal schedule. Pretty much as good as A&M is, it’s going to be a must-win with what’s coming.
A&M will probably be prime ten-good, however it doesn’t get a complete lot simpler with journeys to Georgia and Ole Miss – this yr’s Insurgent crew is nasty – proper after. With the back-to-back November video games in opposition to LSU and Alabama sill looming, there’s going to be an enormous problem if the Hogs can’t get out of AT&T with a win.
They’ve had their moments in a number of good video games over time in opposition to Texas A&M, however they’ve misplaced 9 in a row after profitable the the earlier three.
2020 Arkansas Razorbacks Enjoyable Stats
– Sacks: Opponents 34 for 186 yards- Arkansas 14 for 103 yards
– Time of Possession: Opponents 34:43 – Arkansas 25:17
– third Down Conversions: Opponents 74-of-158 (47%) – Arkansas 46-of-136 (34%)
NEXT: Arkansas Razorbacks School Soccer Preview 2021: What Will Occur, Season Prediction
Arkansas Razorbacks School Soccer Preview 2021: What Will Occur, Season Prediction
That’s about as sturdy a 3-7 debut because it will get.
It’s what fan bases can moderately ask for out of of a primary yr head coach taking over a seemingly unattainable rebuilding job – present a imaginative and prescient.
Nobody thought Arkansas was going take down the SEC West in Yr One of many Sam Pittman Expertise, however after a brutal run because the 11-2 2011 season, simply being aggressive was a breath of recent air.
The Hogs bought hosed at Auburn, however they have been ready to win that late. They have been not less than within the video games in opposition to Texas A&M, LSU and Missouri, advert they beat Mississippi State, Tennessee and Ole Miss for extra SEC wins than the earlier 4 seasons mixed.
However for the entire hope, and the entire potential, and the entire expertise coming again …
Arkansas continues to be within the SEC West.
Set The Arkansas Razorbacks Common Season Win Complete At … 5.5
There can’t be a slip anyplace and there needs to be an upset sooner or later.
The Hogs are away from residence in opposition to Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M, LSU and Ole Miss. If you could find an FBS crew with a rougher run of a street/impartial website video games with none type of a free area win, be my visitor.
And so they play Texas. And so they play Auburn, and an improved Mississippi State, and Missouri.
So should you assume the 5 street/impartial website video games are losses – and in the event that they aren’t, then 2021 is pleased enjoyable time – and also you additionally should assume that profitable all 4 of the troublesome residence video games is out, the purpose is to get to that November twenty seventh recreation in Little Rock in opposition to Missouri with a shot at a sixth win and a bowl recreation.
However don’t assume something contemplating how rapidly Pittman and his workers introduced Arkansas soccer again from the lifeless.