After a Tremendous Wild Card weekend that wasn’t so tremendous, the divisional spherical of the playoffs can be kicking off this weekend and based mostly on the matchups, it could possibly be wild weekend.
The divisional spherical can be kicking off in Tennessee. After incomes a first-round bye, the Titans will open up postseason play by internet hosting a Bengals workforce that is contemporary off their first playoff win in 31 years. That recreation, which is being performed between two groups which have by no means received the Tremendous Bowl, will kick off at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday.
The nightcap on Saturday will characteristic the top-seeded Packers kicking off their playoff run with a recreation towards the 49ers at Lambeau Area, and sure, the tundra will virtually definitely be frozen. The kickoff temperature in Inexperienced Bay is anticipated to be underneath 20 levels.
On Sunday, the Rams can be touring to Tampa Bay to tackle the defending champion Buccaneers. The ultimate recreation of the divisional spherical can be coming to us at 6:30 p.m. ET on Sunday and it will likely be giving us a rematch of final season’s AFC title recreation with the Payments touring to Kansas Metropolis to play the Chiefs.
This is a take a look at the playoff schedule together with the outcomes of every recreation that is been performed to this point.
Tremendous Wild Card Weekend
Saturday, Jan. 15
- (4) Bengals 26-19 over (5) Raiders. The Bengals ended their 31-year playoff drought, however issues undoubtedly received dramatic earlier than that occurred. The Bengals’ win wasn’t clinched till Carr threw an interception from Cincinnati’s 9-yard line with 12 seconds left within the recreation. In his first playoff begin ever, Joe Burrow threw two landing passes, whereas kicker Evan McPherson set a franchise file for playoff subject targets with 4.
- (3) Payments 47-17 over (6) Patriots. The Payments handed the Patriots a historic beatdown in a recreation that was by no means shut. The Payments scored a landing on every of their first seven possessions, which is one thing that had by no means been finished earlier than by any playoff workforce within the Tremendous Bowl period. The Payments’ offensive blitzkrieg was led by Josh Allen, who threw for 308 yards and 5 touchdowns on an evening the place the Payments totaled 482 yards.
Sunday, Jan. 16
- (2) Buccaneers 31-15 over (7) Eagles. The Buccaneers jumped out to a 31-0 lead on this recreation and by no means appeared again. Tom Brady threw two landing passes after which Tampa Bay’s protection did the remainder with two interceptions and a sack of Jalen Hurts.
- (6) 49ers 23-17 over (3) Cowboys. The 49ers appeared like they had been on their solution to a blowout win with a 23-7 lead within the fourth quarter, however then issues took a dramatic flip after the Cowboys mounted a livid comeback to chop the result in 23-17. Nonetheless, the comeback fell simply quick with the Cowboys’ closing drive of the sport ending at San Francisco’s 24-yard line.
- (2) Chiefs 42-21 over (7) Steelers. The Steelers jumped out to an early 7-0 lead after scoring a defensive landing, but it surely was all Chiefs after that. Patrick Mahomes threw for 404 yards and 5 touchdowns as Kansas Metropolis rolled to a win that may now arrange a rematch with a Payments workforce that beat the Chiefs earlier this season.
Monday, Jan. 17
- (4) Rams 34-11 over (5) Cardinals. The Rams scored the primary 28 factors of this recreation and it was by no means shut after that. An enormous motive the Rams had been in a position to soar out to such a giant lead is as a result of the Cardinals offense fell on its face popping out of the gate. The primary half was a complete nightmare for an Arizona workforce that solely totaled 40 yards within the first two quarters whereas additionally watching Kyler Murray throw a pick-six.
Saturday, Jan. 22
- (4) Bengals at (1) Titans, 4:30 p.m. ET (CBS). The Bengals are within the divisional spherical for the primary time in 31 years and so they’ll be taking part in a Titans workforce that may possible have Derrick Henry on the sector for the primary time since October.
- (6) 49ers at (1) Packers, 8:15 p.m. ET (Fox). Aaron Rodgers will get an opportunity to beat the one workforce he hasn’t been in a position to knock off within the playoffs. The Packers quarterback is 0-3 all-time within the postseason towards the 49ers, however he did lead Inexperienced Bay to a 30-28 win over San Francisco again in Week 3.
Sunday, Jan. 23
- (4) Rams at (2) Buccaneers, 3:05 p.m. ET (NBC). Tom Brady and the Buccaneers will get an opportunity to avenge considered one of their losses from the common season. Again in Week 3, the Rams beat the Buccaneers 34-24, however the massive distinction in that recreation is that it was performed in Los Angeles, whereas this recreation can be performed in Tampa, the place the Bucs are 8-1 this yr.
- (3) Payments at (2) Chiefs, 6:30 p.m. ET (CBS). In essentially the most anticipated recreation of the divisional spherical, we’ll be getting a rematch of final season’s AFC title recreation. Though the Chiefs received that one, the Payments received the newest recreation between these two groups once they received 38-20 in Kansas Metropolis again in Week 5.
3:05 p.m. ET (CBS)
6:40 p.m. ET (Fox)
Tremendous Bowl LVI
AFC champion vs. NFC champion in Los Angeles, 6:30 p.m. ET (NBC)