Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys made NFL historical past this week by agreeing to a four-year, $160 million contract extension, together with a report $126 million in assured cash. The deal marks a long-awaited finish to hypothesis about Prescott’s future with America’s Crew, securing the two-time Professional Bowl quarterback to Dallas by way of 2024. But it surely’s all of the extra spectacular when you think about how the remainder of Prescott’s draft class has fared. The draft, in fact, is all the time hit and miss, as are quarterback prospects, however Prescott’s mega-deal suggests, not less than for now, that he could be the one QB hit of the 2016 crop.
This is a rundown of each quarterback drafted in 2016, so as of their choice:
That is 15 QBs throughout seven rounds. Prescott was the eighth off the board. And getting into 2021, he’s the solely QB nonetheless together with his authentic group. A refresher simply on the fellows picked forward of Prescott is sufficient to drive this level dwelling:
- Jared Goff: Traded to Lions after 5 seasons, and simply two years after signing $134 million extension.
- Carson Wentz: Traded to Colts after 5 seasons, and simply two years after signing $128 million extension.
- Paxton Lynch: Launched after two seasons; out of the NFL since 2019.
- Christian Hackenberg: Launched after two seasons; out of the NFL since 2017.
- Jacoby Brissett: Traded to Colts after one season; getting into free company in 2021.
- Cody Kessler: Launched after two seasons; out of the NFL since 2019.
- Connor Prepare dinner: Launched after two seasons; out of the NFL since 2017.
The takeaway? It is nonetheless a complete guessing sport in terms of unearthing star QBs. In the meantime, a half-decade into Prescott’s class, it is fairly obvious the Cowboys did the very best at unearthing one.
Need inside entry into the NFL from an lively participant? Obtain and subscribe to All Issues Lined with Patrick Peterson and Bryant McFadden as they share their ideas on Dak Prescott’s new deal.