It is becoming that the primary spherical of the playoffs is now generally known as Tremendous Wild-Card Weekend, as a result of issues acquired Tremendous Wild through the first day of motion on Saturday. Though there have been solely three video games, there was loads of pleasure: We noticed one loopy end, one upset and one sport that went nearly precisely as everybody anticipated.
The loopy sport got here in Buffalo the place the Payments gained their first playoff sport since 1995 with a 27-24 win over the Colts. The Payments acquired 324 passing yards and two touchdowns from Josh Allen, however that nearly wasn’t sufficient because the Colts had the ball within the closing two minutes with an opportunity to win the sport with a landing or tie it with a area purpose. The sport wasn’t determined till a Hail Mary by Philip Rivers fell incomplete on the sport’s closing play.
In Seattle, the Rams pulled off the primary upset of the postseason with a 30-20 win over the Seahawks. The Rams misplaced beginning quarterback John Wolford to harm within the first quarter, however that did not appear to discourage their offense, which was led by Cam Akers, who totaled 176 yards within the win (131 rising, 45 receiving). The Rams protection additionally got here up massive with 5 sacks of Russell Wilson and a pick-six from Darious Williams. The loss was Russell Wilson’s first ever at dwelling within the playoffs.
With the Saints and Ravens successful on Sunday, meaning there’s just one sport left within the wild-card spherical and that would be the Browns making their first playoff look since 2002 after they face Pittsburgh on Sunday night time.
This is a have a look at your complete playoff schedule as we head into the ultimate sport of Tremendous Wild-Card Weekend.
Tremendous Wild-Card Weekend
Saturday, January 9
(2) Payments 27-24 over (7) Colts: For the primary time in 25 years, the Buffalo Payments have gained a playoff sport they usually did it in dramatic style. The Payments jumped out to a 24-10 lead after which held on for expensive life within the fourth quarter because the Colts rallied again. Josh Allen got here up enormous for Buffalo by accounting for 378 of the Payments’ 397 complete yards. Allen threw for 324 yards and a TD whereas additionally speeding for 54 yards and one other TD.
(6) Rams 30-20 over (3) Seahawks: We did not have to attend lengthy for the primary upset of the wild-card spherical and that is as a result of it occurred within the second sport of the weekend. The Rams had been in a position to stun the favored Seahawks due to a protection that smothered Russell Wilson, holding him to 11 of 27 passing and sacking him 5 instances. Offensively, Cam Akers carried the Rams with 131 yards and one landing.
(5) Buccaneers 31-23 over (4) Washington: His uniform may need modified, however Tom Brady’s means to dominate within the playoffs did not. The Buccaneers quarterback threw for 381 yards and two touchdowns within the Tampa Bay win.
Sunday, January 10
(5) Ravens 20-13 over (4) Titans: It took three years, however Lamar Jackson lastly acquired the playoff monkey off his again by incomes his first postseason win ever. The Ravens quarterback positively earned it as he threw for 179 yards whereas additionally speeding for 137 yards. Jackson additionally supplied probably the most electrifying play of the sport with a 48-yard TD run within the win.
(2) Saints 21-9 over (7) Bears: New Orleans gained this sport in a blowout and that was principally due to a Saints protection that completely shut down Chicago’s offense. The Saints restricted the Bears to simply 239 yards of complete offense, which set the franchise report for fewest yards allowed in a postseason sport. The protection additionally acquired some assist from Drew Brees, who threw for 265 yards and two touchdowns.
Saturday, January 16
(6) Rams at (1) Packers, 4:35 p.m. ET (Fox)
Ravens/Steelers at (2) Buffalo, 8:15 p.m. ET (NBC)
Sunday, January 17
Browns/Ravens at (1) Kansas Metropolis, 3:05 p.m. ET (CBS)
(5) Buccaneers at (2) Saints, 6:40 p.m. ET (Fox)
Observe: If the Steelers win on Sunday, the Ravens will play at Kansas Metropolis and Buffalo will host Pittsburgh. If the Browns win on Sunday, the Ravens will play the Payments and the Cleveland will journey to Kansas Metropolis.
Sunday, January 24
NFC Championship, 3:05 p.m. ET (Fox)
AFC Championship, 6:40 p.m. ET (CBS)
Tremendous Bowl LV
Sunday, February 7
AFC Champion vs. NFC Champion in Tampa, 6:30 p.m. ET (CBS)